of mice and hawks

My tele lens died on me the other day, which, apart from pissing me off extremely, has left me 'handicapped' and wondering how I'm going to solve this problem before going to SA... Anyway, on to brighter topics... I got pets! haha
I've got to trap one of the hawks (trouble with the transmitter) and to do so we use mice (which will survive the trapping, unless the stress gets to them). So now I take care of mice as well of hawks. : )
Mi teleobjetivo murió el otro día en acto de servicio, cosa que me dejó, aparte de cabreado, 'desvalido' e intentando averiguar como voy a solucionar el problema antes de ir a SA... Pero bueno, cambiando de tema... Tengo mascotas!
Toca atrapar a uno de los gavilanes (su transmisor está dando problemas) y para ello usaré ratones (que sobrevivirán a la aventura, a no ser que se estresen demasiado). Así que ahora además de gavilanes, cuido ratones, jaja.
And I also have another 'pet'... Stumpy, the lizard, who lives in my room. He's quite young but has obviously led a tough life, judging by his stumpy tail. It's hilarious to watch him walk, though, as he wiggles his whole body. :)
Y mi otra mascota, Stumpy (algo así como Muñones) que vive en mi cuarto. Es jovencito, pero la vida ya le ha jugado alguna mala pasada, juzgando por la falta de cola. Viéndolo caminar es inevitable reir, porque menea todo el cuerpo al moverse. :)
And yes, it is hard to see the bat in the last post. In the field it was slightly easier to identify, but more than actually identifying it, I decided that a bat fit what I saw: small, brown fur, with dark gray parts, and it has been recorded as prey in the past. In these crops it's a bit easier to see.
Y si, es difícil ver el murciélago en las fotos de la última entrada. En el campo resultaba un poco más fácil, pero en realidad fue identificación por descarte: algo de tamaño pequeño, pelo marrón y algunas partes de color gris oscuro... En estas ampliaciones es un poquito más fácil de intuir.
The hawks are doing well. Sin Nombre and Bruce still feed from the rats I leave out for them, but they're on the verge of independence. And Baikal is already fending for herself, and she hasn't been to the box for over a week now. So my work here is nearing its end...
Los gavilanes van bien. Sin Nombre y Bruce siguen apareciendo por la caja para comer las ratas que les dejo, pero diría que les falta poco para ser autosuficientes. Cosa que Baikal ya ha logrado: lleva una semana sin aparecer por la caja. Así que mi trabajo aquí ya se está acabando...

No comments:

Post a Comment