60 días

The birds were released two months ago today and are over a 100 days old by now. They're still not independent, but they're slowly and steadily getting there. I'm guessing I'll be feeding them for another month or so before they can make it on their own.
Hace ya dos meses que liberamos a los gavilanes. Ya han cumplido los 100 días y aunque aun no son independientes, van por buen camino. Calculo que los estaré alimentando un mes más antes de que sean autosuficientes.
SN...
some amazing skies at night, but still haven't figured out astrophotography with digital...
cielos increibles de noche, pero astrofotografía con digital aun se me escapa...
and a turkey vulture
y un zopilote
The turkey vultures have been a headache lately. They've been stealing the hawk's food and I've had to spend a lot of time at the site keeping them at bay or scaring them off.
Los zopilotes han estado jorobando ultimamente, robandole la comida a mis hijitos y obligandome a pasar bastante tiempo vigilando y ahuyentándolos.
Now I've got the latest in ground-air defense...
Pero ahora tengo lo último en defensa tierra-aire...
and before anybody goes thinking I go around killing turkey vultures, I just scare them off...
y por si alguien piensa que los mato, no, sólo los asusto...

A funky pic of a flock of turnstones which I kinda like
Una foto semi-artística de un grupo de vuelvepiedras
and the tough life of the fieldworker
y la dura vida del biólogo de campo

No comments:

Post a Comment